Slow roasted chicken leg with nutty quinoa, peppers, soft red onions, garlic and lemon butter. A tour de taste.
- 1 x 250gpouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Red and White Quinoa
- 600ml chicken stock
- 100g soft unsalted butter
- Zest of 1 lemon and 4 tbsp juice
- 2 medium red peppers, de-seeded, halved lengthways, thinly sliced (1cm)
- 2 medium red onions, peeled, thinly sliced (1cm)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled, finely sliced
- 4 chicken legs, 200g each
- 4 tbsp thinly sliced chives
- Salt, cayenne pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 220c/Gas 7 / Rack position middle shelf.
2. Get a large ovenproof frying or sauté pan. Add the chicken stock. Boil to
reduce by half.
3. Mix the butter together with the lemon zest and the juice.
4. Take the pan off the heat. Add the peppers, onions and garlic. Season. Add the quinoa and 60g of the lemon butter.
5. Cover the pan tightly with foil. Bring to the boil, you can hear this under the foil, it takes about 1 and 1/2 minutes.
6. Rub the chicken legs with, salt, cayenne and the remaining lemon butter. Put the chicken legs, skin side up, onto the foil. Braise for 20 minutes.
7. Take the pan out of the oven. Put the chicken legs onto a plate. Cut a hole in the foil. Drain the chicken’s cooking juices and fat through the hole into the pan.
8. Throw the foil away. Put the chicken legs skin side up onto the quinoa mixture. Roast for 10 minutes.
9.Brush the chicken legs with their cooking juices. Sprinkle with the chives. Serve
HOW’D YOU GET ON?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us! #ObriRecipe
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!